2016 Harley-Davidson® XL 1200V Sportster Seventy-Two- Color Option
2016 Harley XL 1200V Seventy Two Gray Oshkosh Wisc
* While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained on these pages. Please verify any information in question with Team Winnebagoland. All prices, specifications and availability subject to change without notice.
Attention Out Of State Residents:
Welcome to Team Winnebagoland! If you have never done business with us before, there are a few things that we want you to know…
1. We need you in the store to see the vehicle and sign the final paperwork before it can be taken home.
2. We do not currently have the resources available to ship vehicles but are happy to help you load it up!
3. In-store financing is not available. Please bring exact amount at final payment.
Upon arrival we will give you the full tour and an experience you won’t forget! Come see us today and say hello to your new lifestyle! Thanks for looking!
This bare bones, narrow custom roars straight out of the birthplace of the ‘70s chopper attitude, with white wall tires and a 2.1 gallon tank so no one will mistake where it’s coming from.
- There are things in its past you should know about: There’s no mistaking the throwback look and unruly style of the Harley-Davidson® Seventy-Two motorcycle rolling by on the street. Feet forward. Fists in the wind. Hard Candy Custom™ fat metal flake paint on a 2.1 gallon peanut tank, classic skinny whitewalls, raked front end. But, unlike the 70’s garage choppers that came before it, it has confidence inspiring front and rear brakes. And plenty more tech to make the ride better. The Seventy-Two® motorcycle. Modern day refinement. True, old school outlaw soul.
- Authentic Styling: When the first Sportster motorcycle roared onto the scene in 1957 the world had never seen anything like it. Rawboned, powerful and looking for action. The styling cues that lit up the street in those early years would soon become a part of everything from race bikes to outlaw choppers as they spread throughout the motorcycling world. Take a look at the offering for 2016 and one thing becomes instantly clear. The best way to get the style that made the Sportster motorcycle famous is to get a Sportster motorcycle of your own. The narrow frame is more agile than ever. The rumbling V-Twin and muscular front end feel more powerful than ever. The flawless steel and jewel-like fuel tank reveal their authentic American motorcycle roots in every inch of detail.
- Iconic Engine: The Evolution engine riding in the nimble Sportster frame is a prime example of the power, durability and proven reliability The Motor Company was built on. Born from the legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, it’s been the power at the center of a Sportster motorcycle since 1984. Its overhead valve design and four-cam gear train have their roots in the company’s race program, and you know it when you feel the surge of brute torque that accompanies every twist of the throttle. The air-cooled V-Twin design with a compact one-piece crankcase/transmission fits the narrow Sportster profile like a fist in a fingerless glove. We began with a strong, trouble-free design. Then gave it constant refinement to bring us to the modern powerplant of today. A testament to the unwavering hunger for advancement in motor technology that has always driven Harley-Davidson.
- Technology: What the eye sees and the rider feels on a Sportster motorcycle goes deep beneath the surface. Which is where you’ll find some our latest technology hard at work. The immaculate styling is due in part to an integrated electrical system that reduces wiring harnesses, switches, relays and fuses. The new seats throughout the Sportster line are built out of 21 century materials to feel plush and look minimalist at the same time. The new suspension systems are a marvel, with cartridge damping up front and an adjustable cartridge emulsion system in back. The one thing you won’t find on a Sportster motorcycle is any gizmos. Technology is there for one reason and one reason only. To make the motorcycle even more honest, enduring and satisfying for the rider.
- Comfort: You might look at the raw-boned style of a Sportster motorcycle and not immediately think of comfort. That would be a mistake. Sink into the seat of any 2016 Sportster model and you discover a premium ride hidden under all the lean and mean styling. The engine is rubber-mounted to the frame, so you feel all the power of an Evolution V-Twin but none of the vibrations. The handlebar hits your fists and the pegs hit your boots just the way they should. Even better, we’ve made improving comfort for the Sportster rider our marching orders for 2016. There are new seats and suspensions throughout the line. There’s even a wrench tucked inside the seat to adjust the rear suspension exactly the way you like it. These are some of the most versatile motorcycles to ever hit the street. Making each hour of riding feel better than the one that came before is a big part of the reason why.
- Classic Peanut Fuel Tank: First appearing on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1948, the small 2.1 gallon tapered peanut fuel tank holds strong today with its traditional styling and modern attitude. A low, powerful bulldog look that gives way for showcasing more engine, the peanut fuel tank is attitude and looks all balled up into one.
- Hard Candy Custom™ Paint: Hard Candy Custom™ paint is a large metal flake finish that’s more than just paint job, it’s a shining declaration of independence—bright, bold and unique. The Sportster® and Seventy-Two® is available in Hard Candy Custom™ Gold Flake and Hard Candy Custom™ Black Gold Flake. Recalling the iconic rebel styling of ‘70s custom bikes, Hard Candy Custom™ paint marks another milestone in The Motor Company’s legacy of innovation. We start with several passes of 200 micron flake over a black base, then clear coat it, hand-lay the graphics, and apply the many layers of clear coat to allow the flake to shine through. It’s a painstaking process that delivers a premium custom look straight from the factory, so you can start flying your colors with no waiting or extra effort.
- Mini Ape-Hanger Handlebar: Grab ahold of the stainless steel mini-ape hanger handlebar and put your fists up into the wind--it'll take you back to the glory days of chopper cruising. And to keep the look cool and clean, the wiring is routed inside the steel.
- Retro Air Cleaner Cover: This 8-inch, street legal, mirror-chrome air cleaner cover makes a powerful statement that recalls the glory days of old iron crossed with a clean, contemporary look.
- Whitewall Tires and Laced Wheels: Large (21-inch front) lace-spoked wheels with their bold brilliant white walls complete the old-school low-rider look.
- Classic Rear—Modern Functionality: The chopped rear fender with side-mounted plate completes the Seventy-Two® model's long, low chopper look and keeps things classically clean and raw. The chrome bullet taillights combine this old school retro-styling with new school technology, packing stop beams, turn signals and running lights into each lamp.
- Evolution® Engine Innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 1200cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the 1200cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads are topped off with chrome rocker covers and an old school round air cleaner cover for a tough vintage Harley-Davidson attitude. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the 1200c Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Evolution Engine: The Evolution® engine—known in certain crowds as the Blockhead—was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) (Optional): When the burrito exit comes out of nowhere, you’ll need a little extra braking power. That’s why optional anti-lock brakes (ABS) are available on all Sportster® models. ABS improves overall braking performance, and keeps you from locking up under heavy braking. Plus, the entire system is smartly integrated into the design of the bike, so nothing gets in the way of your steel work of art. Because what’s the point of stopping if you can’t make a few heads turn?
- Ergonomic Hand Controls: If your hands feel good on the controls you’ll feel good on the bike. Which is why when you twist the throttle of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle, you just know. You feel more dialed in, comfortable and attuned to the road and everything around you. In designing these hand controls we went the extra mile to make sure every operation is as intuitive, fluid and effortless as possible. So you can keep your eyes on what’s over the next ridge and not what’s under your thumb. Things like self-canceling turn signals that are right where you want them to be and brake levers that are easy for all riders to reach. We’ve added other features, too, like a trip switch and vehicle “start” switch as all Sportster models are keyless. Details that may seem small but make a huge difference on the road. Because it’s tiny things like these that make a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Foundation Brake System: Like riding itself, you can never go too far when it comes to improving a bike’s brakes. This is why we gave the brake system of each Sportster® model a complete overhaul designed to improve performance, fit and finish. We increased the size of the brake rotors from 292mm to 300mm and added a more powerful, stylized front caliper with 34mm pistons and stylized rear caliper to match. Other system features include an improved all-aluminum integrated rear master cylinder with reservoir, all-aluminum front master cylinder with reduced friction and higher efficiency, and stainless steel braided lines. It all adds up to more confidence on the road and more power and predictability when you squeeze the brakes.
- Closed Loop Exhaust System: Designed to meet future worldwide emissions standards and the standards of future generations of Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. This closed loop exhaust system delivers heart-pounding performance in the key of the trademark Harley-Davidson rumble. With its robust, soul-stirring big twin design, durable mufflers with exhaust shields, a catalyst and mini heated oxygen sensors that improve emissions and drivability, this system is not only better for the environment, it makes riding better.
- Integrated Electrical System: Coursing through every Sportster® model is a body controller with updated routing. It has a cleaner look and reduces the number of wiring harnesses, switches, relays and fuses. Which is a fancy way of saying less fuss. We’ve also added a voltage regulator with modified fins and integrated connectors to improve heat rejection. Like you, the Sportster® motorcycles are wired and ready to chase wind and eat up miles of pavement.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Forward Mount Controls: With the custom forward-mount controls, you can kick back a little and stretch your legs for the ultimate cruise through town or across the state line. It's time to take in the open road the way you were meant to—on a two-wheeled machine that's built to outdo the rest.
- New Solo Seat with All-Day Comfort: True to its authentic ‘70s chopper heritage, you don’t see a lot of seat when you look at the Seventy-Two® motorcycle. But that doesn’t mean you need an old school kidney belt to spend a day in the saddle. Thanks to the latest 21st Century materials we were able to build in all-day riding comfort without blowing the sleek custom look.
- New Suspension Front and Rear: From the day the first Sportster® motorcycle roared out of Milwaukee in 1957, the street has been its home turf. Raw power and looks were only part of the equation. The nimble, confident ride took it from there. So it's only right to give the ride quality of the Sportster family a major upgrade to use the latest technology. Up front, you have a brawny 39mm fork with cartridge damping to give you a sporting ride without the harshness. In back, we went with an emulsion rear shock with screw adjuster. It not only works overtime to soak up every bump the street throws your way, it also adjusts to fit your riding style. Simply turn the screw and you have a rear suspension set up to ride just the way you like it.
- Length: 89.6 in. (2,275 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.9 in. (683 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 28.5 in. (724 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.2 in. (132 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 30.1
- Trail: 5.3 in. (135 mm)
- Wheelbase: 60.6 in. (1,540 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: MH90-21 54H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/80B16 71H
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal. (7.9 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 546 lb. (248 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 559 lb. (253 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3.5 in. (88.9 mm)
- Stroke: 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 73.4 cu in. (1,202 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 38/57 Ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.315
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.653
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.948
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.102
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.517
- Exhaust: Chrome dual shorty exhaust
- Wheels, Front Type: Chrome Steel Laced w/ Custom Whitewall Tires
- Wheels, Rear Type: Chrome Steel Laced w/ Custom Whitewall Tires
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 70.8 ft. lb. (96 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 29
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 29.8
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 48 mpg (4.9 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Gauges: Electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, LED indicator lights
- Engine Type
- 73.4 cu in. (1,202 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.5 in. (88.9 mm) x 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- MH90-21 54H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80B16 71H
- 60.6 in. (1,540 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26.9 in. (683 mm); Unladen: 28.5 in. (724 mm)
- 30.1 deg.
- 5.3 in. (135 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 gal. (7.9 L)
- 48 mpg (4.9 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 546 lb. (248 kg)
- Charcoal Denim, Black Denim, Black Quartz